The Australian Dispute Resolution Research Network was founded in 2012 by a group of leading dispute resolution academics from across Australia. It provides a collaborative environment to foster, nurture and enrich high quality research and scholarship.
The Network is inclusive and forward-looking and seeks to bring together emerging, mid-career and established scholars to build excellence in the field and provide peer support. It prides itself on its collegial approach to discussing research and encourages the participation of academics at all stages of their careers.
Network activities are expressly designed to provide a supportive and collegial presentation environment in which meaningful discussion and constructive feedback is provided to the presenter.
WHO ARE WE?
At each annual face to face gathering, some primary responsibilities are allocated to network members for the following year. The responsibilities in 2018 are:
- Presidents: Sue Douglas and Lola Akin Ojelabi
- Past President: Becky Batagol
- Blog Editor – Becky Batagol
- Social Media Editor: Olivia Rundle
- 2018 Round Table Organisers – Sue Douglas and Lola Akin Ojelabi
WHAT DO WE DO?
Network activities include maintaining this ADR Research Network blog, a lively Twitter feed @ADRResearch and conducting annual scholarly round tables of work in progress.
Past activities have included a series of phone conferences about work in progress, and the Network is also supports emerging academics with mentoring.
The usual disclaimer applies to the blog – our opinions are those of the individual authors, and do not necessarily represent those of our institutions.
NETWORK ROUND TABLES
The Network held its first symposium at the University of New South Wales in December 2012. Since then we have held round tables at
- Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, December 2013 (2nd round table);
- RMIT in Melbourne, December 2014 (3rd round table);
- University of New South Wales, Sydney in September 2015 (4th round table);
- University of Tasmania, Hobart in December 2016 (5th round table);
- Legal Issues Centre, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand (funded by Monash Law) in December 2017 (6th round table).
FUTURE ROUND TABLES
The 2018 round table will be 3-4 December 2018 at the University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
If you sign up to follow our blog you will be notified about our next round table. This blog is our primary means of communicating with members.
Guest blog post proposals are always welcome. Contact Dr Becky Batagol.